arts for life’s journey
What is a Mobile Arts Program?
In the fall of 2017, we were thrilled to launch a new initiative called – MAP: Mobile Arts Program. The mission of this new venture is to enrich lives by bringing engaging creative experiences to individuals who have limited access to arts opportunities.
The Mission of MAP
We have seen first-hand how life changing the arts can be, yet many in our own communities have limited access to participate due to a variety of social, economic and physical factors. We have been partnering with area social service organizations to provide workshops in art, movement, music and writing to clients and residents free of charge. Some of our partners include:
- The Path Center (Homeless Shelter and Services)
- Fairlawn Retirement Community
- House of Ruth (Domestic Violence Shelter)
- Adriel Inc. (Foster Care services)
- Shalom Counseling and Mediation Center
- Williams Co. YMCA
- Fulton Manor
- Laundry Buddies – Art at the ‘Mat
We have plans to expand our program to other regional partners.
Under the direction of our Board President Diane Tinsman, MSW, LISW and a wonderful group of art instructors and volunteers, we are excited to share this new program.
- Bill McKinney – pottery
- Bonnie McMullen – music and movement
- Georgia Kohart – creative writing
- Deb Spieles – Mixed media art
- Jessica Flores – Mixed media art
- Bobbi Miller – Mixed media art
- Francisco Torrez – Mixed media art
Want to help with the Mobile Arts Program?
- Contact Diane Tinsman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer, teach, or have a suggestion for a partnership opportunitiy
- Donate any art or craft supplies
- Financial contributions to MAP will help maintain this program.
MAP programming is made possible in part by a grant from the Ohio Arts Council.
“Do not judge my story by the
chapter you walked in on.”
Northwest Ohio has so much to offer. Make sure you take time to visit and discover additional resources that will allow you to find out what else is happening in the area.